One of my favorite things to make for dinner are meals made from easy chicken Crockpot recipes. And the reason is that they are quick to prepare (the hands-on part), and they are easy on the budget!
I love to cook at home to save time and money over having to eat out, and so I love to find and share recipes. In this post I share some of my favorite chicken slow cooker recipes. They have simple, easy to find ingredients, and they are kid friendly!
For that, I trust that your family will love these easy chicken Crockpot recipes, too!
Before we dive right into the recipes (you can find them below), I want to quickly answer some common questions about cooking chicken in a crockpot.
Preparing Easy Slow Cooker (Crockpot) Meals
If you are looking to replace your old slow cooker, of if you do not have a slow cooker, one of the best ones that is a great value (budget friendly) and has really good reviews is this 7-quart, dishwasher safe programmable slow cooker from Hamilton Beach. Just click the image below for more information!
Or if you want to simplify your meal preparation even more (and possibly cut down on the number of gadgets you have in your kitchen!), consider getting an Instant Pot. We just got one of these last year, and they are so convenient! I love ours!
You can learn more about the model we got here, or click on the image below to learn more about the benefits of getting an Instant Pot!
Can I Put Raw Chicken in a Crockpot?
You will be glad to know that yes, you definitely can! Even though slow cookers (Crockpots) often cook at a low temperature, they have been found to be safe to use, even with raw meats (according to the USDA). When cooking with a Crockpot, a standard temperature is 175 to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
For chicken to be cooked safely, the internal temperature simply needs to get above 160 degrees Fahrenheit during the cooking process.
Can I Put Frozen Chicken in a Crockpot?
Yes, another benefit of cooking easy chicken Crockpot recipes is that you can cook frozen chicken in a slow cooker. This can help to make your dinner prep super quick and easy! When you cook the chicken from frozen in the slow cooker, you don’t have to take the time to thaw the meat.
How Long Should I Cook Chicken in a Crockpot?
It is generally best to cook your chicken on lower temperatures in the Crockpot to help prevent the chicken from drying out. That means that it will typically take about 1.5 to 2.5 hours to cook chicken in a Crockpot or slow cooker.
Easy Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Below you will find some of the best quick and easy to prepare chicken slow cooker recipes that your family will love! I hope you enjoy these simple chicken Crockpot recipes as much as I do!
Tip: Save the image above to Pinterest so that you can easily refer to this article with easy chicken Crockpot recipes later!
15 Easy Chicken Crockpot Recipes (Easy Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes)
Here are some of my favorite quick and easy to prepare chicken slow cooker recipes.
These are such wonderful comfort foods! They are great any time of the year, but you may find them particularly desirable during those chilly winter months. Enjoy!
1. Crockpot Chicken and Rice
This simple cheesy Crockpot chicken and rice recipe takes only about 20 to 25 minutes to prepare.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup chopped baby or long carrots
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- In a 3-quart slow cooker, stir together the broth, carrots, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts, and cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- After chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove and place on a cutting board.
- Add the peas and rice to the slow cooker, and cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Cut the chicken in thin slices.
- After 15 minutes, add the chicken back to the slow cooker, and then add the milk and cheese. Cover and cook on high for 15 more minutes, until cheese is melted and rice is tender.
You can change up this recipe by using a different kind of cheese (both cheddar and mozzarella work well) or different vegetables, according to your preferences.
2. Sour Cream Chicken and Bacon Crockpot Dinner
This is a creamy and delicious comfort food your family will love.
- half a package of bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small can cream of chicken soup
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- Cut the bacon in bite-sized pieces, and then cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until about halfway cooked (bacon should still be flaccid). Place in the slow cooker.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet, and cook it in the bacon fat for about 2 minutes. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon, and place in the Crockpot.
- Add the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cheese, and garlic powder to the slow cooker, and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, until chicken is completely cooked through. Add more salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice or pasta.
3. Sour Cream Chicken
This recipe I got from a coworker years ago, and it has become one of my favorite recipes ever since. It’s creamy and delicious!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 small can cream of chicken (or substitute mushroom) soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 to 2 cups broccoli (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir all of the ingredients.
- Cook in your slow cooker on low heat for 5 to 6 hours, until cooked through.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice.
4. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Sour cream chicken enchiladas are another one of my favorite rich and creamy easy chicken Crockpot recipes.
1 pound of cooked, shredded chicken breasts
1 small can of mild green chilies
1 small can cream of chicken soup
1 small can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
2 cups grated cheese
1 chopped onion
9 flour tortillas
- Spray bottom of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line slow cooker with 3 tortillas.
- Mix cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups, milk, chilies, and onion in a medium-sized bowl bowl to make sauce.
- Add the cooked, shredded chicken to the sauce, and pour about half of the mixture over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Layer with three more tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas, and top with remaining three tortillas.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the the top.
- Cook in slow cooker for 2 to 3 hours over medium heat, or until onions are tender.
- Serve, and top with salsa, sliced olives, or other favorite toppings if desired.
5. Slow Cooker Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli
This is another quick to prepare, tasty, and easy chicken Crockpot recipe. It takes just 15 minutes to put together, and then the Crockpot does the rest of the work.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ketchup, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Add chicken to slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Pour over sauce and toss until combined.
- Cook on low until chicken is cooked through, 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ¼ cup water and stir mixture into slow cooker to thicken sauce. Add broccoli to slow cooker and cook until tender, 1 hour more.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into small pieces, then return to slow cooker and toss until combined.
- Divide cooked rice among four serving containers, then top with chicken and broccoli mixture.
More Delicious and Easy Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes
So, the recipes above are some of my favorite quick and easy chicken slow cooker recipes.
And you can find even more easy chicken Crockpot recipes in this list of tasty recipes below:
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies (I’ve been a fan of these guys for years)
Crockpot Pizza Chicken (a fun twist on a family favorite)
Final Thoughts on Easy Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Those are some of my favorite easy chicken Crockpot recipes. For most of them, the prep work is quick, and then the slow cooker does all of the work. 🙂 These easy chicken slow cooker recipes are budget friendly, too, which is a huge plus in my book!
What are some of your favorite easy chicken Crockpot recipes? What easy chicken slow cooker recipes do you love and make again and again? Leave a comment below and let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!